Who is Matt Z?
Being overweight my whole life, I never did anything physically demanding until I decided to join the Army. Using this decision to make a lifestyle change for the better, I lost 60lbs within a year in preparation for my Military application. After passing my training, I became a Certified Personal Trainer. Since then, I have been a Trainer ever since, took up competitive Boxing and am still an active Serviceman and Fitness Instructor in the Canadian Armed Forces.
Fitness and health are very challenging and can be very intimidating for most people. I use experience from my personal fitness journey with modern sports science to develop, mentor and mold individuals into a healthier, stronger and functional state.
- 2020 nominated CANADA’S TOP PERSONAL TRAINERS by IMPACT Magazine
- 2019 recipient TOP 50 PERSONAL TRAINERS OF TORONTO by Strong Summit
- Fitness and Health Promotion Diploma, Humber College
- Conditioning Coach Darby Training Systems (DTS)
- Certified Personal Trainer Canadian Society of Exercise Physiology (CSEP)
- Mobility and Muscle Testing Specialist Assess, Correct, Train (ACT)
- Heavyweight Boxer Boxing Ontario (BO)
- Active member of the Canadian Armed Forces
- Mobility and Rehabilitation
- Strength and Conditioning Training
- Body Composition
- Boxing Training
- Online Programming
- Virtual Training
Currently accepting new clients!
CHECK OUT WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
Matt has trained me on and off for many years now. He is an excellent trainer. Matt is always prepared with fun and creative exercises and takes the time to thoroughly explain each move. He is always positive, upbeat and cheerful. You can tell Matt loves what he does. This positivity makes the workout much more enjoyable and encourages me to keep going. I would highly recommend Matt and would definitely use his services again.
Matt is my all time favourite trainer. He is so knowledgeable, patient and enthusiastic. He is focused on helping me achieve my goals and makes every session challenging & somehow fun. He ensures that my technique is always correct to avoid any injuries. If motivation, flexibility, and a personal approach is what your looking for in a PT, then Matt is the man for you!.
Matt is a very knowledgeable and professional fitness expert. He understood my fitness goals and helped me put together a challenging and effecient fitness program with my very limited home gym setup.